NEARBY ATTRACTIONS TO LITTLE BARNFIELD
We are delighted to offer suggestions of "must see" attractions and some favourites are listed below. There is a helpful folder with everything you need to get the most out of your stay
- Nearby National Trust owned Snowshill Manor is home to an extraordinary variety of 'collections' made by Charles Paget Wade.
- Travel just a mile or so further to see the beautiful Cotswold Lavender open between 14 June and 6 August - you can take a picnic too!
- Sudeley Castle has events throughout the year and well worth a visit to see the rose garden in June.
- Kiftsgate Court Gardens- famous for its rose is a favourite of many guests to Little Barnfield.
- At the same time visit nearby National Trust Hidcote Gardens
- Stanway Fountain is another favourite with the tallest gravity fed fountain in the world at over 300 feet.
- Just a little further on - take to the slow life and hop on a train to experience pure nostalgia at Toddington Railway
- To experience "India in the Cotswolds" visit Sezincote House & Garden near to Moreton in Marsh.
- Broadway Tower is the Cotswolds eccentric folly and among other things offers most spectacular views.
- For a fun evening out at a traditional circus visit Giffords Circus
- Visit the Cotswolds Distillery for gifts or for a little something to remind you of your visit. It's good for coffee or lunch too!
- Enjoy a regional treasure of a theatre experience at the Chipping Norton Theatre or a unique cinema experience at The Regal Cinema at Evesham
- For outdoor theatre and musical events, take a look at the beautiful, grass amphitheatre overlooking the Evenlode valley at Berrybank Park
- The Cotswold Rare Breeds Farm Park is about a mile and a half away- some visitors walk. (For those of you who enjoy" BBC Country File, this is also "Adams Farm" - where scenes in and around Kineton feature regularly.)
- The cultural centres of Stratford, home of the Royal Shakespeare Company, regency Cheltenham famous for its Gold Cup Meeting and Oxford- City of Spires are all within easy reach.
- It's a huge pleasure for me to be the Vocal Tutor to the boy and girl Choristers of Gloucester Cathedral. Do visit this wonderful historic building and experience the rich heritage of choral music (and some of the scenes from Harry Potter too!)
For more information visit:
There is a variety of good eating places within easy reach of Little Barnfield. Here are some places that visitors enjoy
- The Halfway at Kineton is just a short evening stroll away. (In the Autumn/ Winter months, remember to take the torch - there are no street lights in Kineton ..... the bonus being that you can see more stars!
The Nuttery at Notgrove is a little further afield and a personal favourite ( and a chance to meet "Mr Bean"!)
Visit friends Jane & Tim at Farmcote Herbs they also grow their own chilli plants.
Should you be looking for Bed & Breakfast sometime, see the wonderfully situated North Farmcote -right next door.